Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a recording of On the Sunny Side of the Street. I'm on clarinet and my teacher who is a professional player is on soprano. The backing track was created in band in a box keeping as close to the original recording as possible. We are playing a transcription recorded by Bob Wilbur and Kenny Davern on their "Summit Reunion" album.

https://soundcloud.com/jbtsax/on-the-sunny-side-of-the-street

·
Registered
3,802 Posts
Most enjoyable, JB!! Your torture stick is very good. And, a very nice sound with the soprano and an excellent track. My dad introduced me to Phil Napoleon's dixieland group many years ago with Kenny Davern on clarinet and even as a kid I enjoyed his playing.
Good stuff, man!

·
Forum Contributor 2013-2016
Guitar and saxophone
420 Posts
Great backing track and rendition of one of my favorite tunes. Not to derail the thread, but I couldn't resist clicking on the When Sunny Gets Blue Bossa track. it's just finishing up now. Excellent! Another one of my favorite tunes.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Forum Contributor 2013-2016
Guitar and saxophone
420 Posts
Thanks for the generous offer. Yes, I was aware that it's a BiaB backing track but it sounds great. I have the iReal app which pales in comparison. I had to look up "taragoto" as I'd never heard of it. Fine playing on both of those tracks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts