Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
Sounds like a longer story "lost VI in a private taxi?" I won't ask. Just very sorry for your loss.

Hard to believe that you're the same guy as playing in the Klezmer band. Got to say I way prefer the Klezmer music as it has heaps of integrity. Must admit I'm not a fan of smooth jazz as it always seems so contrived. I guess you play that style well, just of no interest and says nothing much compared to the feeling and life you have in your Klezmer playing.
The recording is odd in that the sax is way back in a reverb fog with the other instruments recorded flatter and in the foreground. Very poor mix in my opinion, but for all I know maybe this is part of the smooth jazz formulae?
Do you have any other work that has integrity?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea, I recorded it on my laptop at home, do not have any studio, it was just fun.
Better quality is our klezmer recordings like Tsadikim above. HERE is 11 recordings of our band (klezmer and balkan as well).

With my Mark VI really a long story.. enought to say I was tired and left it in the car in the middle of the night :/

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
Great group you're playing with. Good range of music played with the wonderful Klezmer twist. Excellent arrangements. Especially liked your cross-over playing on Garsona. Perfect blend between jazz and Klezmer.

Thank you Kris for sharing these. I especially enjoyed them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts