Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost a year ago, I bought my Alto sax "Dark Vintage" (Omega Series) from CE winds... so it's time for a review. First, I would like to stress here that Mark and Brian made the whole process a lot easier!! I do live in Australia - Canberra and had a concern about buying it from USA... well I'm glad I did!!! Great deal!

Regarding the sax... I can tell I'm still in love with! Just sounds great! and I always preferred the unfinished look, so it fitted just perfect! The intonation it's perfect! Loved the consistency throughout the scale... easily tuned and smooth blowing! It is mellow and yet powerful, if you are trying to get away from an edgy sound without sound too dark but still want to push a rip some times... that's the one!! The ergonomics are functional and great feeling! I though there was something wrong with me before... NO!! It was the key layout of my student Alto that was clumsy, not me!! By the way i did improve consistently afterwards in speed and technique.

Went to Brazil for a vacation and took the sax with me and my brother-in-law (guitar player and producer) just was astonished with the quality of the sound... actually he said it was (in his opinion) one of the best sounds he had heard from an Alto Sax so far!!! And don't get me wrong he have heard plenty of them as a producer... I'm not the player but my sound is getting there every day!!!

if you have in mind to get one of those babies... just go for it! If you live in Australia and has been hesitating to buy from overseas... give a try! It worths!

You know when you're excited and having high expectations about something and then you finally get it and it impresses you more than you imagined? That's the kick I've got out of it... just out of the box... and... just had that laugh!!!

Bang... one more satisfied costumer!!!

Now planning my soprano!!!! Just can't help myself!!!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,594 Posts
nice to hear this all. Australia, Brazil,... (I love both countries and know a lot of people there) and your experience with Mark (who I know in person) and Brian, (I´ve been in touch with him for many times, great service too)

I own a CE Winds Omega Saxello (for sale on Marktplace now) which I bought to replace my CONN curvy (ergos were bad) and it sounds very close to the vintage Conn, pretty warm.
CE Omegas are killer horns.

The

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
4,881 Posts
I have an alto and soprano CE Omegas in bare brass. They are fantastically playing instruments.

·
Registered
7 Posts
That was absolutely smokin..lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
CE is surely stepping up to the plate and hitting home runs with their omega series saxes. I sure love my DV

·
Registered
13 Posts
I couldn't agree with you more, Seth. I've loved every CE I've played and ownded. And I've never been so satisfied with any sax as I am of my DS tenor and curvy soprano. I'm currently waiting (ANXIOUSLY!) for my DS alto to come in. Hope you're doing well. Take care. Play on..... Tom

1 - 9 of 9 Posts