Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using Oleg's on all of my mouthpieces since 2005 and love them. I was just wondering what other people think of them if they have ever played with them. I really think they improve the tone a lot. Just a random thread topic to post...

·
Registered
599 Posts
That's all I use now and I feel they do the job nicely. They do what they are supposed to do and look good doing it. Very easy to position the reed and once tightened, it stays there for the rest of the gig.

I'm a tinkerer by nature, and buy the closeout model (#2???) for half price and do surgery on it. I re-size and re-assemble to fit my Guardala mpc. Not an easy job, but with the right tools, and some very strong reading glasses they come out very nice.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,319 Posts
I use one on my 7*NY STM and enjoy the tone I get with it over the standard lig.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,116 Posts
Olegs are good ligatures. To me they're like Rovners but the don't have the same tone dampening qualities. I had one for my old Berg 100/1 and it played better than the Berg lig. I tried one on a HR Link and it was pretty much the same (to me) as the vintage Selmer 2-screw lig I had been playing. For HR mouthpieces at least, I think that FLs and Marc Jeans are nicer ligs. Lately I've been playing on a Lawton, and the built in is one of the best ligs I've used. Better than a 404 on the Lawton.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts