Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
I am planning to buy an Olegature Saxophone Ligature Model 2G. I want to know any opinions or feedback on it. I am going to use it on Dukoff D8 metal mouthpiece for alto sax.
thanks

·
Registered
134 Posts
there is also a rico version of a olegature that my friend uses, looks identical and is cheaper. He likes it but i have never tired it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,319 Posts
I use a 4G on my Otto Link STM. It seems to free up some notes which the stock ligature seems to stifle. I think Rico owns the company now. At least my Olgature has Rico on the box.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,431 Posts
"there is also a rico version of a olegature that my friend uses, looks identical and is cheaper."

I just got off the Rico website, and did not see one of these on the list of ligatures.

Do you know where this Rico olegature is to be found?

·
Registered
299 Posts
+1 to Rico stamped on the ligature.

I've never used them on metal pieces, but they work great on my HR alto and clarinet mouthpieces. As long as you use the included rubber patch on your mouthpiece, it shouldn't move around too much.

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician, Forum Contributor 2
1,760 Posts
For me, the Olegature and the Dukoff were not a good combination. The "chain-mail" of the olegature really digs into the soft metal of the Dukoff. When I did play Dukoffs on alto and tenor, I used BG Revelation Jazz ligatures which are basically leather ligs with metal reed plates. They were a little fussy to adjust but worked better than anything else I tried. Oh, I did use vintage Harrison ligs for a number of years until they broke (not the most robust design, IMO).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts