Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year at NAMM I tried out an Oleg hard rubber tenor mouthpiece that played really great, but it was hard to get much info on it at the time (the booth was pretty busy) and was unmarked. Was that the Contempo? It seemed a little more closed than I was used to, currently playing a Link STM 8*, and Oleg was there and told me something along the lines of not believing in different tip openings, that the only reason I liked bigger tip openings is that my horn is out of tune with itself (a sales pitch for Oleg horns and a whole different argument to be had). In any case, that seems to be true from the website, there is no option for different tip openings. Is that correct?
Also, it seems that you don't make an equivalent of this mouthpiece for alto or bari, is that true as well?

·
Vendor
35 Posts
Hi Shades of Blue

Thanks for your interest in the Oleg Hard Rubber Tenor Mouthpiece. To clarify the issue on tip opening. What Oleg meant was that the use of extreme tip openings is a sign of acoustic problems on the other end of the acoustical equation - the saxophone itself. Using an extreme tip opening is an attempt to compensate for these acoustical problems but doesn't solve the problem and creates other issues.

The Tenor Hard Rubber is available in tip openings of 6, 7, and 8. The Contempo mouthpieces are available in both metal and hard rubber for the tenor and metal for alto and baritone. Hard Rubber Contempo is available for alto and bari by special order - contact us directly if interested.

I am offering a special SOTW discount of 10% on the Tenor Contempo Hard Rubber for the month of September. Use code CONTEMPO-HR when ordering.

https://www.olegproducts.com/saxoph...tempo-Hard-Rubber-Tenor-Mouthpiece-p104370743

1 - 2 of 2 Posts