Sax on the Web Forum banner

Oldroyd Walker Lineage horns by Amati

16K views 35 replies 16 participants last post by  BrianMitchellBrody 
#1 ·
I just saw an article from the Chicago Tribune about a recent Jerry Bergonzi performance. The subtle details reveal that Bergonzi was playing an Oldroyd Walker Lineage tenor.

Here's the line's page at the Amati website: http://www.amatiusa.com/blow-monkey/

• Haha
Reactions: BrianMitchellBrody
#31 ·
Uh. No kidding. Yikes. I thought this looked appealing because it might be high quality and reasonably priced. The best tenor I've ever played is an Ishimori "new vintage," only thing that ever made me question my loyalty to my 82z, but it was just way too expensive... at about half one of these new Amatis. Insane.

#32 ·
well the fact that this is made by AMATI ( one of the oldest factory in Europe, albeit one which has produced cheap saxophones for years) has not bearing to its quality ! These instruments were made at a very high specification points and may have all the right to sell for that price.

#35 ·
I just saw an article from the Chicago Tribune about a recent Jerry Bergonzi performance. The subtle details reveal that Bergonzi was playing an Oldroyd Walker Lineage tenor.

Here's the line's page at the Amati website: 贵阳汉矩影视文化发展公司
It sent me to a chinese only site .............

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.