Sax on the Web Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts
I have always wondered why more manufacturers do not use the left side sideway trill/alternate keys like the early JK.

I have sen yesterday the Glanstonbury experience by the BBC and there was a player Nubya Garcia and she played on one of these incredibly looking ( and sounding) saxophones.

I would certainly be interested in knowing more on their prices although I doubt that it is more affordable than a Selmer.

He had me until interesting philosophy introduced around 3:30, then lost me for a few.

Uh. No kidding. Yikes. I thought this looked appealing because it might be high quality and reasonably priced. The best tenor I've ever played is an Ishimori "new vintage," only thing that ever made me question my loyalty to my 82z, but it was just way too expensive... at about half one of these new Amatis. Insane.

well the fact that this is made by AMATI ( one of the oldest factory in Europe, albeit one which has produced cheap saxophones for years) has not bearing to its quality ! These instruments were made at a very high specification points and may have all the right to sell for that price.

well the fact that this is made by AMATI ( one of the oldest factory in Europe, albeit one which has produced cheap saxophones for years) has not bearing to its quality ! These instruments were made at a very high specification points and may have all the right to sell for that price.
I certainly meant no disrespect to Amati! I know they've made some very good horns. I just meant to say that my own ideal instrument is many thousands of dollars less in cost, so I'm definitely not the demographic for this model. :)

Remember the $9000 altos made in USA a few years back. They are not around anymore. Just saying.

I just saw an article from the Chicago Tribune about a recent Jerry Bergonzi performance. The subtle details reveal that Bergonzi was playing an Oldroyd Walker Lineage tenor.

Here's the line's page at the Amati website: 贵阳汉矩影视文化发展公司
It sent me to a chinese only site .............

Remember the $9000 altos made in USA a few years back. They are not around anymore. Just saying.
The Eagle! Those horns crazy priced but made in the US by hand, not taiwanese etc... American labor costs are some of the highest in the world.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.