Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some advise here. I have an older Vito Tenor Saxophone that my dad bought used for me in 1968. It has a serial # 19413 and was made in France. I learned to play on it and played it through high school and college. It has been in the case for 30 years with the exception of a couple of times a year I get it out and play a bit. I am wondering if there is any demand for a great sounding old horn like this? I don't want to give it away but I would like to know what it might be worth. Of course it has a few small dents and dings but it is a great instrument. Thanks Jayhawkguy

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,596 Posts
I am not an expert on price, but there is some demand for those. They are considered good horns, if a bit of a "sleeper," meaning (somewhat unfortunately for you, if you are thinking of selling it) that they are a good value for the quality. The price will depend in part on the condition, such as the pads.

If you don't get more responses to your post, check with kimslava and/or JayeSF on here - they seem to be the experts on the French-made Vitos.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,019 Posts
It is a sleeper horn. It is a great player with a lot going for it - a very nice sax - but the name recognition works against it. Vito = student. Unless you have a knowledgeable market, you will not get as much as you should for this sax.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts