Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've found this old box of Rico Jazz soprano reeds - strenght 2, they were at home and I just didn't remember of them... and they play and sound great!
They're unfiled reeds.

It seems like they are not in production anymore, or maybe under a new name.

What model (D'Addario or Rico) should I search for?
I'm thinking D'Addario Jazz select unfiled 2M/2H, but maybe be wrong.

Any suggestion?

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello Kraslice, maybe you already found the answer, but your post gives me the oportunity to share something i know :p

So here is what i learned about your RICO JAZZ reeds : Around 1996 Rico started a new product, the famous "Select Jazz". At this moment the Rico Select Jazz was supposed to propose for the custumers some higher quality reeds, "selected". And for a couple of years (3/4 i believe), Rico was also proposing some NON selected reeds. The success of the Select Jazz became so big that the production of the Rico JAZZ like yours was ended.
Ah, and about the strenght, at this early period of the Rico Select Jazz and the rico JAZZ, there wasn't as many sub strenghts like 3S, 3M,3H ... It was only ...2, 2.5, 3... I would guess 2M today (Daddario Select jazz) would be the equivalent for your 2 Rico JAZZ.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.