Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello People,

I find this Borgani tenor sax, can somebody tell me something about this model?
How old is and is this a worth instrument?
Thanks
Musical instrument Reed instrument Reed Wind instrument Brass instrument Shoe Musical instrument Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Drinkware Barware Cylinder Gas

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
41,394 Posts
Urgently........

This is an older Borgani made in the late ’70 beginning of the ’80 . Looks in a particularly good state but these were horns made BEFORE Borgani acquired the cachet that this company has now and worth in my opinion not more than 1000€ if in perfect working order

They tend to be difficult to sell and similar ones looking less good as yours have been struggling at 600€ for months and months. The mechanics are very much less sophisticated as the new ones are.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot Milandro

Problem is that I don't have neck for him, so I need one for this model.

Milandro can you tell me something about tone quality of this model and intonation?

·
41,394 Posts
They are good and very honest saxophones but not to be compared to the modern Borgani!!

If you don’t have a neck for this saxophone the new Borgani necks shouldn’t be too different from these and fit or could be adapted to fit but it will cost you and a lot.

I have played a few of these (also owned a curved soprano of the same generation) and they are nice saxophones but without a neck the value would drop considerably and be in the 350€ region even if everything else is perfect! I personally wouldn’t bother to buy this horn without a neck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I find it for even less than 350e, so now must find good neck and play it for myself,

Once again, thanks for respond

·
41,394 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts