Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently came back from a trip to china with a cold. it has been about 5 days since coming back and i'm still coughing and blowing my nose a lot but it hasnt been too bad. until today my voice has been fine until i had to sound off a lot at marching band practice today (first practice since coming back). my voice isn't completely gone but it's quite raspy and hard to sound off at all without cracking or dying out.

i have to use my sax a lot this week and sound off quite a lot as well, is it ok to keep playing with this condition? or should i cancel this week's lessons until i recover? also any home remedies to speed up the recovery would be of great help. many thanks
-Elaine

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
I would cancel if i were you. For one thing, your teacher really won't appreciate it much if you turn up coughing and sneezing and he catches it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2014
26,341 Posts
E.L. The Sax said:
i recently came back from a trip to china with a cold. it has been about 5 days since coming back and i'm still coughing and blowing my nose a lot but it hasnt been too bad.......-Elaine
There's nothing worse than a chinese cold.:|

Anyhow, maybe you ought to get checked out, it might not be a cold, or more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts