Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here it is, my Conn 6M that I got off of eBay. I think I paid a little too much for it, but its in pretty good shape. From what I heard, this horn was bought out of an estate sale by the sellers WWII vet uncle before he died. When the seller got a hold of it, he sold it. Everything seems 100% authentic and original, but you all of course can be the judge.

Feel free to ask any questions or make any comments that could help me. I've never owned a horn like this before, so everything you can share is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Plays very well considering it most likely has the original pads still on it. Will need to be gone over eventually, but works fine now.

·
SOTW Columnist and Forum Contributor 2015-2016
3,833 Posts
What an absolutely fantastic looking alto. Get a top-shelf overhaul on this one; spare no expense. Instruments like this, especially in this condition, are just too rare in these days. Cherish it; that is a piece of history.

- Saxaholic

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
1,124 Posts
Congratulations! That's a beaut! I say: don't go to fast on the new pads. My 1937 10M tenor plays fine on the original pads -well, one or two were replaced, but with the original rings. Especially with Conn, you want to have the Res-O-Pads, which were designed specifically for this horn - in this link is explained why. They seal? - then don't worry!
I am a real sucker for these lovely books you got with the horn - I should go look for one that applies to my tenor.

Reine

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,862 Posts
Beautiful horn man!!!! It'd be cool to find out what you decide on for pads, resos, etc.!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wow it is so nicely maintained/ preserved!!! What a wonderful horn!!

·
Forum Contributor 2013-2017
709 Posts
Welcome to the club and congratulations on finding such a nice horn! With Connie in the house, life will never be the same again, especially since she insists on parading around topless :mrgreen:.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts