Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Jupiter XO 2086 Tenor with the 'standard' neck. When one uses the octave key, the tone 'degrades'. A test one can make by playing a high tone with just a 'mouth-adjustment' - and then lifting the octave key to play the same tone.
As I am a beginner, I have had my teacher and a few other better players than myself try this out. (As you know it is often the 'meaty' part at the other end of the mouthpiece that's the problem - so just to make sure).
If one puts an ear next to the hole in the neck a faint hissing sound can be heard. My teacher suggested that I dismounted the octave mechanism on the neck and 'cleaned' the hole out with a thin pin. As I am using 'Pad-savers' some clogging might have occurred in the hole. I did so - but it does not seem to have the desired effect.
Should I consult my tech? or is the neck suffering from some kind of construction problem that can only be remedied by changing the neck?
Hope someone here has an idea?
John Philip

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx - Sorry I cannot bring the instrument to your shop - I'm in Denmark >:OD - but thanx again for some very good advice!!
John Philip

1 - 5 of 5 Posts