Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a Cannonball Big Bell Brute (about 18 months ago). Love the horn except for and issue with my octave G and G#. I can slur to the notes fine. But, often times the notes won't speak on attack. Anyone having the same issue or have some advice. I've had it into the shop and pads and action were supposedly adjusted already. Thanks

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,580 Posts
Common saxophone issue, that may or may not be the horn. How long have you been playing? Have you tried other horns and if so, do they do the same thing?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been playing for over 50 years. I do know that the octave key breaks can be an issue. I have not had this issue on my Alto or Soprano. I have a Tenor YTS-62 as well. Not had that problem. I'll probably bring it to another repair shop and see what they can do. The issue becomes more prominent when I use the Big Bell neck

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,580 Posts
Could be match with mouthpiece or even reed strength. Once you remove player from the equation (which honestly 90% of the time it's the player), it gets a little harder to diagnose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts