Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted a loud mouthpiece for the occasional over-the-top volume gig. I bought an M2 Plus 110 and was disappointed with the small tip - I normally play a brass M2 120. Sent it to Keith and described it as "tip too small, not enough resistance". (I like when a mouthpiece pushes back). I also sent him one of my M2 120's for comparison. I knew he could open the tip, but I assumed adding resistance, a la offset SMS Berg, was out of the question. He opened it to a 125 and succeeded at adding resistance right where I wanted it. The mouthpiece is scary and turned my nickel SX90R into a nuclear weapon. The guy's a master.

·
Registered
261 Posts
oh yes, Mojo is very good.........he worked on several pieces of mine......I like that he always goes for precision....his refacing is really like some kind of art

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009-
2,761 Posts
Dittos . . . sent him a somewhat cranky old Berg for evaluation, he analyzed it and told me what it needed, I gave him the go ahead, and when I got it back it played like a dream. It's not my primary piece but it's really nice knowing it's there . . .

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,319 Posts
Agreed, he does excellent work. He reworked two stainless Bergs for me, and the 130/2 is my favorite everyday use mouthpiece.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,316 Posts
I've sent mojo several mouthpieces, which I would not have done if I were less than satisfied. He is not the only refacer who conducts business with skill and integrity, but he is one of them!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts