Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Sax Day. Got a 1951 Script engraved Aristocrat 156
One owner horn, or 1 family horn. Guy's brother bought it and he got it from his brother.
They both played the horn all thru school. Guy said he gigged with it in his 20's.
Been sitting up in the closet. Overhauled once in the late 1960's. I am going to have it overhauled.
It's not as shiny as it appears in photo's. He took the pics outside in the sun.
Craigslist horn. 415 bucks...…. Don't know nothing about Bueschers. I play a Keilwerth SX and a Couf Superba ll.

·
Registered
152 Posts
An absolutely killer horn - I have a 156 tenor from the same year. Assuming no serious damage, thats beyond a steal

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,001 Posts
Great horn, gary. I've had one of these (exact same model, but in silver plate) for some time now. When I first got it, my VI went into the closet for over a year! Nowadays I mostly play the VI, but still pull out that Buescher when I get the urge. It has a huge sound and great tone quality. I bet you'll love it, once you get it overhauled.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Very jealous here--I nearly bought a script 156 (for much more money) before settling on my TH&C (for more still). Enjoy!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,212 Posts
Great deal, enjoy!

·
Registered
39 Posts
What a beautiful horn! My 156 script is pretty beat up but plays and sounds great. I'm jealous on the looks though.

The neck on your new 156 is probably worth what you paid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts