Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Researcher
3,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using Notion on my iPad Pro to create lead sheets and jot down ideas for exercises, etc. The app recently got updated with a major change to the interface, making it next to unusable. The user community is up in arms on the various forums, but there's no way to go back to the previous version, and fixes for the major issues won't be coming any time soon, so I'm looking for some new notation software.

What's everybody using out there? I'm not looking for something full-featured that can write multi-line big band charts or classical scores, just simple one line notation preferably using a pencil device. I also would prefer to write in the notes without the software trying to second guess me and fill in the measure with rests, etc. to complete the count. The ability to specify the number of bars per line and transposition would be nice, but not show stoppers. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Sibelius First ist free and available for Desktop and iPad. Should Work fine for leadsheets etc.

Reactions: Frank D

·
Registered
69 Posts
I second staff pad… if you can get used to its way of writing. Some of the best playback, and good collaborative tools. I know a guy who used staff pad with his band. He was able to make adjustments to the chart in real time and push it out to everyone’s device (also running staff pad), for instant edits and revisions with no printing required. I run it on iPads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts