Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have another Alto Mouthpiece delima. This one is just the opposite of my last one. I have a Martin Handcraft, that seems to like my Selmer C**, however I would like to change it up a little. I really want to use this horn for Jazz, and am unsure if my C** will cut it.

This is to all you Handcraft owners. What mouthpiece works best on your horn? When you play Jazz. I would like to keep the price range for right around $100. For the mouthpiece, the ligature up to $30 for that. I would bascially like to spend less then $150.

Please help.
~Carbs

·
SOTW Administrator
26,216 Posts
Carbs said:
I have another Alto Mouthpiece delima. This one is just the opposite of my last one. I have a Martin Handcraft, that seems to like my Selmer C**, however I would like to change it up a little. I really want to use this horn for Jazz, and am unsure if my C** will cut it.

This is to all you Handcraft owners. What mouthpiece works best on your horn? When you play Jazz. I would like to keep the price range for right around $100. For the mouthpiece, the ligature up to $30 for that. I would bascially like to spend less then $150.

Please help.
~Carbs
How about a jodyjazz HR* in your favorite facing?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2008,
3,908 Posts
You really are mean Marty...

I was thoroughly unimpressed with the Zagar pieces. The most well made pieces of junk available!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,119 Posts
I used a Selmer S-80 D for about 25 years and switched to a Super Session D last year. It is perfect on my HCs, Troubador and Typewriter. Plays like the S-80 but fills the room. Intervals are better too.

·
Banned
4,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bruce bailey said:
I used a Selmer S-80 D for about 25 years and switched to a Super Session D last year. It is perfect on my HCs, Troubador and Typewriter. Plays like the S-80 but fills the room. Intervals are better too.
Thanks, I willl deffiantly give the Super Session a second look.

·
Banned
4,517 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Since the Session has won for now. However I was looking at the Jody Jazz Mouthpieces on WWBW, and though they just have 2. I was wondering which one would be better if I did not mind spending the money. Right now I would have to get the Session, or a Soliest. And then save for the ESP. What I am wondering is the Jody Jazz if I did not mind spending the money would the ESP be a great mouthpiece to play on. Right Now I have 2 options.
Becuase I would like to try out a metal. Nothing wrong with Rubber, I am just wondering how a metal would sound on my Alto, and then see on my Tenor if I am happy with it.
First Option.
Save for the Jody Jazz and keep playing on my S80, and skip the Soliest or Session.
Second Option.
Go ahead and buy the Super Session and see what I think of it, if it gives me what I want forget the Jody Jazz. If it doesn't save for the Jody and see what happens.

What do you think?

~Carbs

·
Administrator
13,993 Posts
Hi Carbs,

I'd personally play test all of the above and more before plunking down any cash. Only then will your questions be fully answered in your own mind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts