Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know we usually post famous people everyone knows here who pass away. But I wanted to share about my friend Scott Rappaport who "Souled Out" yesterday at about 2 p.m. (He wanted his wife to put that he "Souled Out" on FB, and she did to inform people this morning).

He was like a lot of us on SOTW, a player who had another career, but was a weekend warrior saxophone player who really loved the music.

We had a lot in common- both saxophone/woodwind players, therapists and just goofy people. He met with me regularly as my clinical supervisor for my job, we knew all the same patients and friends. He helped me so much with my life. He was a rare one- I could talk to him about deep, spiritual and emotional things. I will miss him very, very much.

Scott Rappaport.jpg

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you! He's one of those people who literally has HUNDREDS of friends who thought so much of him. We both have patients who are homeless, single moms who are low income, etc. and he always told them, "it's a privelage to work with you"- he never met a stranger. Plus he always made gigs fun- and was so encouraging to me with my musical endeavors, and helped me through a pretty traumatic thing that happened last year. One of those special people for sure!

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, Sonja. May he RIP. It never ceases to amaze me how many lesser known people have HUGE influences on our lives. I'm sure his legacy will live on in more ways than one!

John

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Sounds like a special gentleman and friend...rest in peace, Sir.
And condolences to you, Sonja.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am sorry about his passing but encouraged by his legacy and story. Thank you for sharing.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
17,541 Posts
Condolences to you on your friend's passing.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009-
2,761 Posts
I remember plying alongside him in the Bangor Band years ago. So sorry to learn of his death and our loss.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
What a beautiful picture of you and Scott! RIP

·
Forum Contributor 2014-2017
650 Posts
Sorry for your loss Sonja. Hold close your memories of him.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What a beautiful picture of you and Scott! RIP
Thank you- that picture was from the pit at a cute local theater here (called Penobscot Theater)- a show last year. I remember I was really sick that day and didn't want a picture, but glad I have it now.

·
Registered
49 Posts
The moment I read your post, I thought of someone similar in my life who we lost several years back. If Scott was like Wolfgang, he already gave you a resource you can draw on forever. After the pain of loss dulls, you'll mostly just feel very f-ing lucky. Thanks for the tribute, Sonja.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts