Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Yamaha players,
is the YAS-62 without the purple logo but still with the extended keyguard the same horn ?
Exactly, without any change for bore, keys etc?
Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have only read on the www somewhere about differences. Bore and neck are supposed to unchanged, but I seem to remenber they made slight changes to the key work. One thing immediately apparent from picutes is that at least early purple logos did not have a Cis to Bb seesaw connection on the left hand pinky cluster while later models with embossed logo, just before they switched to the new YAS62 design with short keyguard, have that connection. Today the entry models still lack that seesaw mechanism check YAS280 vs YAS480 and higher (or what ever the models are in US).

Alphorn

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Alphorn,
yes I see from pictures about the added "seesaw" connection on models with the embossed logo but still with the long keyguard
I've not found anything about differences
among early yas 62 with long keyguard but with the different inscription about the sound, bore and neck

I hope that some expert here could give us some answer
but, if they are exactly the same horns except for the added mechanism connection, it looks like the purple writing is worth $500-600 :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts