Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this up last year and finally got it back from my (busy) tech. Posting here to show it off because I know there are some people who are interested in these horns.

Alto1.jpg Alto2.jpg Alto3.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Osloutah,
I was wondering what you make of the horn?
Is the bell key action well balanced?
I'm asking because there's someone selling the exact model you have in France right now, serial n° 9509 and I can't go try it out.
Many thanks.
Pang.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pang, I'm so sorry for my delayed reply, but it's a very busy time of year in my office. The key action was basically modern, so yes, well balanced as you put it. It was a nice ergonomic and economical horn. I ended up gifting it to a friend's son, but if I wanted a French horn without spending Selmer money I'd buy another in a heartbeat. I hope you had the chance to try the horn mentioned in your post.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Osloutah, no worries, thanks for answering anyhow. The Noblet is still for sale, so I may take a chance on it. I am now playing on an Orsi alto from the 1960s that is ok tonewise but the keywork is a bit clunky and noisy, and it needs some pad work, so contemplating changing horn altogether (I only paid 100 euros for the Orsi anyway :) The only reservation I had about the Noblet is its left hand B & Bb keys, I thought those might be harder to actuate than on a right hand design. Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts