·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
alto: 82Zii/Medusa/Supreme, tenor: Medusa, bari: b-901, sop, sc-990
7,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
VENDOR "Innovation over imitation"
16,206 Posts
Really remarkable. So many talented players out there at super young ages. Amazing!!

·
Forum Contributor 2016-17
1,198 Posts
Wow! When I saw the title I wondered if it might be a motorcycle POV lap of the Isle of Man TT, but it was nearly as fast. Very impressive.

·
Registered
Tenor, alto, Bb Clarinet, Flute
2,457 Posts
Amazing, circular breathing or not. Some people are born to play music.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,443 Posts
I wonder how many people in the audience understand what was happening?

[I am used to people coming up after a bari sax performance and asking, "Is that a trombone?"]

·
SOTW Columnist/ Forum Contributor 2014, Disti
2,902 Posts
Awesome. At 0:20 (first clip) there is a good view of blue material inside the bell. Is that used to dampen the tone? I have never seen material inside the bell like that.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yes, a real speed racer.

Awesome. At 0:20 (first clip) there is a good view of blue material inside the bell. Is that used to dampen the tone? I have never seen material inside the bell like that.
When I was at school, we tried to put things in the bell. Sometimes to mute the instrument, and sometimes to change (neutralize in classical music) the color of the saxophone. Sometimes one need to sound on alto sax more like "viola", sometimes more like "clarinet". Perhaps this insert has such a task.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2010
3,333 Posts
If he keeps practicing I think he'll be pretty good one day...

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
Sorry to beat the dead horse here, but.......W-O-W. Kid is absolutely insane. Going to be ridiculous hearing him in another 10 yrs!

Thanks for all of the various vids everyone!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,362 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts