Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing we know about each other is that we all love the saxophone.

Juts curious, so we can learn more about each other....what musician or band do you love most EXCLUDING ALL JAZZ ARTISTS AND JAZZ GROUPS?

PLEASE NAME THE ONE THAT REALLY MOVES YOU THE MOST:

FOR ME, ITS:

1. THE BEATLES

·
SOTW Administrator
26,207 Posts
For me it's
1. The Beatles You just can't deny the effect they had on popular music and culture in general.
2. Wrecking Crew Those guys played on many of the songs that form the soundtrack of my life.
3. Funk Brothers I think these guys played on the rest of them.

·
Banned
2,991 Posts
Colin Stetson for non jazz sax

And non jazz music in general? ...... umm........picking just one is hard.......Australian guitarist Cam Butler. He's played in a few really good outfits. Here's his site address - http://www.cambutler.com/

·
Registered
646 Posts
For me, it's a toss-up between Tom Waits and Paul Kelly (an Aussie singer/songwriter for those who may not have heard of him).

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
15,894 Posts
B s & t

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Tommy James and the Shondells. Now that was a band. Who doesn't like Crimson and Clover?
Seriously though, Simon and Garfunkel, Jimi Hendrix, the Stones.

·
Distinguished SOTW Technician
3,408 Posts
King Curtis, Jnr Walker, Aretha Franklin, BB King, JS Bach, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Bobby Bland, Otis Redding, Cecilia Bartoly, Wilson Pickett, Its A Beautiful Day, Little Walter, Sonny Boy Williamson, Elmore James, Jean Pierre Rampal, William Bennet, Frank Sinatra, Mancini, Nelson Riddle, Cole Porter, Ray Charles------------

1 - 20 of 141 Posts