Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
39,552 Posts
beautiful playing and beautiful atmospheric piece. I am only perplex about your first note where you start at unison with the guitar and that exposes you to a slight different in pitch which can be very dramatic . I would have liked something like that as end note but I find difficult to accept the slight dissonance as a beginning note unless you wanted to mark a dramatic beginning

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your comments Milandro.

I have no idea what the guitarist is going to play and he has no idea what I'm going to play. It's 100% improvised. No music, no clues, just a modal guitar vamp that's looped then played over. Very limited but still has infinite possibilities within this. If the guitarist remembers the loop then I'm sure we will do it differently next time (everything is always played differently). We never play standards or written music.

·
39,552 Posts
I like total improvisation, you do it expertly and with great confidence

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Milandro. I play **** with great confidence as well. Not much point in playing tentatively waiting for a good note/line to appear....whops, it's gone, and I didn't give it any feeling! It's all in making each moment count, even if ultimately it doesn't. Sounds like your kind of Zen?

·
39,552 Posts
I think that this is very true, on the other hand it takes guts and some experience to do it and slight recklessness :) ...........a couple of drinks may help some times ( kids this is bad advise!, don't drink!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts