Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
That was great Jerry ! You rock. That is one of my favorite jams and have viewed it many times on youtube. Lee Ritenour, Eric Marienthal and a stellar bassist and drummer. You could always play with Lee when Marienthal is not availiable. Bauhaus Walstein should be endorsing you for using their horn. Keep up the good work. :cheers:

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
5,160 Posts
Nice - Thanks for the link

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
631 Posts
great playing Jerry!

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
Great sound. One question: what's happening at the 34th second of this piece? Is this all a sync to something you played at another time? Looks to me as if your mouth is open and there is still sound coming from the sax. Would love to be able to do the drinking water while playing trick but don't think that's possible either. Was the sound carried/managed post playing? Would like to have this mystery solved.

Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great sound. One question: what's happening at the 34th second of this piece? Is this all a sync to something you played at another time? Looks to me as if your mouth is open and there is still sound coming from the sax. Would love to be able to do the drinking water while playing trick but don't think that's possible either. Was the sound carried/managed post playing? Would like to have this mystery solved.

Thanks.
Great catch! I think I might have used the wrong take for the vid... I did about three or four different takes for the head and for the most part I tried to play very consistently and at the end I couldn't figure out which clip goes with which video... I thought I found the match but apparently not...

A log sheet would have been very helpful but I got kinda lazy. lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts