Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009
2,063 Posts
I own a NS Tenor and a lacquer Alto. I don't think the NS is bright at all. When I play it with my HR Berg, its a very dark sound, yet has lots of punch to it. When I play it with my Guardala King, it brightens it up some, but not much, is very free blowing, and has a broad dynamic range. My King is pretty much the only piece I use on it now. I really like that setup for me. All of this talk about the NS being too bright has really kind of concerened me. I played a big band gig last night, and I asked my fellow sax players if I sound too bright for the section. The reply was "not at all," and these guys are honest.

As a matter of fact, I think my brass lacquer JK alto is brighter sounding than my NS tenor. I really love the sound of both horns though.

But hey, you must not take my word on it, you have to try it out. Don't assume whats right for everyone else is going to be the right choice for you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.