Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
My name is Brandon Vaccaro. I received a grant last summer to record my composition Song & Dance for Alto Saxophone and Piano. The piece was written for saxophonist Arthur Bouton, and was recorded by him and pianist David Shuey.

You can listen and browse a PDF of the score at
http://brandonvaccaromusic.com/Portfolios/music/SoDa/song.htm

I would love to get some feedback on the recording and piece, as well as find some more performers who would be interested in performing it.

Best regards,
Brandon

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Wow, some truly wonderful music placed in this sub-forum!
First Gradient, then this beautiful piece.

Great combination. The strategic placement of both instruments are expertly written.
Each instrument respects the others voice.
4:05....Great sequence.

Song and Dance is quite apt for this piece!

Enough words...Let me continue listening....

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,831 Posts
Awesome! Some serious American and Austrian/German influence! Both performers are very good! Intonation is spectacular, as well as timing!

I would love to play it myself, but I don't have the reading chops! I'd have to practice more :) . A lot more!

·
Registered
23 Posts
wow.... that was amazing.. as Nissan said the intonation was amazing. both players are extremely talented.. I through enjoyed listening to it..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the comments, cinny, NissanMarkVII, and paulhibberd. If any of you guys are interested in a score, I have a few left from the first printing. Contact me and I'll get you a copy.

Brandon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts