Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all Dolnet fans well I just received a late 50s early 60s Bel Air 2 tone tenor....
Just love the tone on this horn...warm and powerful ..it is very Selmerish yet it has power that is like an old conn. I used to own a M70 and I like this Bel Air much better.
This I think is going to be a keeper and I dont understand why these horns dont have a following....oh yeh the intonation is also spot on.....I am playing a STM 8 but I am not sure if this will be the final mpc...I will need some more mpc opinions for this horn....anyway I thought I would share..I have played all the big names at big prices and this Dolnet would stand up to them very well......

·
6,831 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi! Congratulations!

I´m a proud owner of a Bell Air 2-Tone myself. It took me about 5 notes to fall in love with this horn. I just love the deep, dark sound. And it has a very good intonation. I´m using a Berg Larsen 120-3.

Greets, Volker

·
6,862 Posts
Cool! congratulations!

You have to bring that bad boy over to Halifax sometime! We're shuffling lineups, but we still have a good blues jam happening at Bearly's on Sunday nights. The ribs are good, too!

www.bearlys.ca

1 - 4 of 4 Posts