Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just learned that Walter Grabner has started making a "student" model that's considerably cheaper than his usual mouthpieces. Knowing Walter, I'm sure that it's very well crafted.

http://www.clarinetxpress.com/intermezzo.html

Has anyone tried an Intermezzo? If so, please let us know what you think of it.

Roger

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I just got a cx_bb_90 (I already had an older grabner bass piece which was great but I play with a lot of LOUD musicians) and i love it. I've been considering trying an intermezzo, but think I'd be better off waiting until I have the money for a K14, since a Kaspar 14 is the mouthpiece that I tried that made me suddenly unhappy with my HS** and my Eddie Daniels. Playing either of them makes me frustrated since trying that Kaspar. And since I'm going back to school as a clarinet major in the fall...... I think I know where the first $185 of my student loan's going.
I'd like to hear what people have to say about these (the intermezzos), too. It would be nice to know what they're like for my students as well. Pretty comparable in price to a B45 and likely incomparable in quality.

·
Registered
237 Posts
i also have a cx_bb_90, and its amazing.
I like it aboutthe same as my LB mouthpiece, they are both great pieces.
I just use the bb_90 for marching band and jazz stuff, and the LB for everything else.
now that i see this intermezzo, im regreting buying the M-13 lyre... (for my clarinet, not my bass )
although my ultimate goal is to try one of his K-14s. =]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts