Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,671 Posts
Hey everyone! Here is a video from a gig I played with my buddy's quartet featuring the great Billy Drummond. It's an original composition by Dan called "MOAB." Check out the BADASS melody!!

There will be more videos from this concert posted in the near future, so stay tuned! (Also, this might not be the only time this band plays together...stay tuned on that front as well!)

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Re: New video from gig with Billy Drummond!!

Outstanding!...loved the alto/very nice altissimo...and piano!...great band...beautiful ending!...you play great Dave!

·
Banned
2,814 Posts

More like psychotic melody, Dave! Damn man! I'd be proud of myself just to make it through that head! Excellent stuff all the way around!

John

·
Registered
4,140 Posts

Man, that band is slammin! Nice Melody Billy Drummond played on the cymbals in his solo.

·
3,337 Posts

awesome David. Everybody is sounding good.

·
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Outstanding!...loved the alto/very nice altissimo...and piano!...great band...beautiful ending!...you play great Dave!
Thanks! Yea the melody goes up to high G# so it was tricky.

More like psychotic melody, Dave! Damn man! I'd be proud of myself just to make it through that head! Excellent stuff all the way around!
Hahah! I was very proud to get through that head, trust me on that. Thanks!
John
Dave

I suppose with his name he had to be a drummer. Anyway enjoyed the Alto.:)
Yep! If you guys don't know about him, definitely check him out. Very under-the-radar but has played with EVERYONE. Sonny Rollins, Chris Potter, etc.

Man, that band is slammin! Nice Melody Billy Drummond played on the cymbals in his solo.
I love this band! I can't wait to play again in this configuration. I told him during the set break (which was right after this tune) that his solo took me somewhere spiritually!

Great stuff Dave :).
Thanks!

awesome David. Everybody is sounding good.
Thanks again. It was a really creative experience.

I have more videos coming soon from this show! There was so much great music that you guys need to hear.

·
Registered
4,582 Posts

Loved it!! If you guys record a CD, I'm buying.

·
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

I should have named the thread "New Videos..." because I'm going to be putting links in here to other ones from the same gig.

Here's another one hot off the press- another original by the pianist called "Mantis." Hope you enjoy!

·
Premium Member
18,611 Posts

I should have named the thread "New Videos..." because I'm going to be putting links in here to other ones from the same gig.
Dave, I changed the title in the first post of this thread, so it will read like 'videos' now in all overviews. New replies will also get this title.

Couldn't listen yet to your clip, being at work right now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts