Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
The Daddy-O continues to compliment your playing. Great tune as well, still love Billy Cobham even though he did once make the comment at a student band showcase thing that "there's nothing wrong with the rhythm section.... As for the rest....". I was playing in a quartet. Crushed.

·
Premium Member
15,480 Posts
Man, from your straight ahead jazz clip, to your big band clip, to this funkier clip----I LOVE IT!
So glad you are having fun with the Daddy-O. You and the band are sensational!!!!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I really liked the recording. The band sounds great and you sound amazing on that Daddy‘O. The sound is solid across the entire range of the horn. I can‘t wait until I have a few bucks lying around to place my order.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Is this vid the live show in Philly that's on youtube? Sorry can't see it from work...lol. If this is the one, man.....great sound and great playing! I have loved every vid I have seen of someone playing this piece. I might have to give it a try. I have played a V16 A6S (S+ once they came out) for years but I always have a hard time with the innate dryness of the V16 pieces.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is this vid the live show in Philly that's on youtube? Sorry can't see it from work...lol. If this is the one, man.....great sound and great playing! I have loved every vid I have seen of someone playing this piece. I might have to give it a try. I have played a V16 A6S (S+ once they came out) for years but I always have a hard time with the innate dryness of the V16 pieces.
Yes this is on YouTube, from a show at Chris’ Jazz Café in Philly. I appreciate the compliment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts