Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys and gals. Im new to the forum. Been playing the Tenor Sax on and off for...oh....30 years or so, never professionally, just for fun. (Although I am a member of the local AFM.)

I play lead tenor in 3 different groups, offshoots of our local community band. Its great fun I enjoy it, donating my time and efforts for a chance to play frequently. We've got the full concert band, a dixieland group and a Dance/Big Band/Swing group, and Im in all 3.

I play an old horn I bought 5 years ago and had completely repadded, gone over by a repairman at the local music shop. 1936 Martin Comm II, decent enough sound, its served me ok. Getting frustrated with G# spatula key not being as responsive as I like without constant care. I'd like to move on to a new horn where I dont have to worry about G# not opening on me during solo or something, ya know?

Im siting here looking at the latest WWBW catalog, and wondering which horn would be a good choice for me. Im not going to say money is no object, it is. I dont feel I need a new professional horn, although I do play sometimes for union scale. I just want reliability, good intonation, something everyone wants out of their horns. I dont need to say I play a selmer paris to be happy. I just need people to say they enjoyed my playing. What would be a good step up horn for me?

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
Price range puleeez. Thank you. :)

·
Distinguished Member and Forum Contributor 2008
6,395 Posts
The Yani has been lowered to $2600. If he's lowered it once, it's a good bet he may lower it again with a solid offer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts