Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, My 1st post! I have been gleaning info from this great site, on choosing my new Sop sax and M/piece, ligature etc. and now I have it I thought I would like to join,I am v. pleased with my Baughaus Walstein Sop curved bronze sax. I bought it on recommendations from this site, also recommended was the Yamaha plastic 4c M/piece and a Rovner lite Ligature, I am 2.5 reed at the moment.I have a bit of a warble at bottom b,bflat,c#, but threw a cork in the bell and got rid of it completely?Cut the cork in half today and it still works??It would be nice to get round this problem without the cork though. Top notes I can just about get at the moment, but perhaps wont use them much in the future?Bought from Woodwind and brass UK, had to send the 1st one back last week as it had a broken pad guard (soldering gave way) looks like it had a knock?pearl button fell off but I glued it back, bis key sticking bad but took advise from forums (lighter fuel and rizla) worked perfect! So much info on this site, there is no excuse to get anything wrong in the future! Thanks all..

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
11,501 Posts
Welcome aboard! It's refreshing to hear from a new member who actually acts upon information gleaned from the forum to become active, if not pro-active in solving their own problems! A lot of people experience minor "teething" problems and ask questions that have been discussed over and over. You did your homework here before you ever posted and got your own answers... We like you already.

Still, don't be shy, we're more than willing to give advice here, just remember it can be worth exactly what you pay for it sometimes.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
297 Posts
Welcome, Bebopsop! Hope you have a blast with your new Bauhaus-Walstein soprano. Don't get discouraged about the low end or the high. It will all come with practice. And you're right about this forum. There is a LOT of incredibly useful information here and some folks who will give you lots of good guidance. Have fun!

·
Registered
282 Posts
Warbling on the bottom notes is usually cured by pushing the m/p tight on the neck-but if you are playing with someone else this may put you out of tune. Test your A against a tuner or keyboard.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts