Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
208 Posts
I hear ya!!!

My Mark VII alto was one of the last made, I believe, since it was purchased new in 1983 for me by my parents. I consider myself a tenorist mostly, yet I had to switch back to alto last year because the community big band I joined already had three tenors.

Thus, for the first time in over twenty years, the Mark VII saw regular action again, and it soooooo deserved it! Past tense, "saw," because I fell so much in love with it all over again that I was getting paranoid about clumsy kids at rehearsal, nefarious thieves at concerts, breaking neck straps, unsafe stands, etc. etc. .... -- that I bought myself a Magenta Winds alto a year ago as a backup (which is a SHOCKINGLY good horn in its own right, given the price, as I've detailed elsewhere).

The Mark VII is so precious to me that it comes out of its case only the fortnight before a gig. And every time it does, I just can't put it down. It's the oddest thing...

So, the proverbial desert island dilemma isn't one for me, really: if I could take only one horn with me, it'd be the Mark VII, and I wouldn't have to think about it for a second!

-j.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts