Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
12,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Players are asking for them so here they are:

Available only through direct sales is: The new Mosaic and Tribute LTD. These pieces have extensive handwork and deliver more edge, guts, and volume than the standard versions. On both models you will find significantly more baffle and a host of other small changes.

The Limited Edition Tribute rests somewhere between a great Florida Link and an EB. Some EB pieces I have played go past the area of bright and into the ugly bright range that wipes out the essence of a link. Not so with this piece. Its got punch, power and volume but maintains that classic link core and can still play warm when you want.

The Limited Edition Mosaic adds power and punch to another already loved and great mouthpiece. Its not as dark as it has considerably more baffle. Its a great balls to the walls piece that doesnt have to scream to be noticed.

These are not just named LTD. They are limited as production of them is costly and very labor intensive.

They come in bare brass. Any size you want over a 7. They are custom pieces but I will offer trials on standard sizes but there is a restock fee (sorry Ive gotta do it on these)

USA and Canada $589

Europe €565

Shipping depends on destination.

thanks

Phil

Rear Tribute, Mosaic Front
View attachment 205929

·
4,580 Posts
A ballsier Mosaic sounds like a winner. I have a "regular" Mosaic, and love the tone, but have trouble keeping up when I need the volume. Sounds like you've got two good ones here Phil.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sounds great! I love the originals and the Mosaic in particular!

Any sound clips available?

I’d like to hear a review by the wonderful Mr Neff

·
12,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

They are pretty cool. No sound clips right now.

They maintain the character of the original...just punched up a notch and a half.

Ive been resistant to putting these out except for special orders for no really good reason (other than my bullheaded desire to stick with tradition) but sooner or later ya have to give folks what they want. They are pretty damn kickin if I do say so myself.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Interesting. I don't really understand the difference between the two. Which one is brighter and louder? Would you say these are closer to the Retro Revival Super D's than the original Tribute and Mosaic?

·
12,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The mosaic and tribute originals have low baffles like the the vintage versions. The Ltd versions both have higher baffles than the original mosaic and tribute pieces. This makes them brighter and they have more volume.

I made the tribute because at the time...and pretty much still, no one makes a real copy of a florida link. Everyone used the name and hype in their sales pitch but the pieces were not the real deal. Most were links on steroids.

These pieces are the mosaic and tribute on steroids.

·
Registered
603 Posts
The mosaic and tribute originals have low baffles like the the vintage versions. The Ltd versions both have higher baffles than the original mosaic and tribute pieces. This makes them brighter and they have more volume.

I made the tribute because at the time...and pretty much still, no one makes a real copy of a florida link. Everyone used the name and hype in their sales pitch but the pieces were not the real deal. Most were links on steroids.

These pieces are the mosaic and tribute on steroids.
Okay, sounds good.

·
SOTW Columnist and Forum Contributor 2015-2016
3,832 Posts
I'm confused why they need more handwork. Wouldn't they just be machined with a higher baffle like the originals, and you just finish them?

- Saxaholic

·
12,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My arrangement is to buy a significant number of pieces at a time. This keeps prices below Theo and Jody and they are still fully round chambered pieces.
I have to purchase a sizable number to accomplish this and inventory is very costly.

In addition there is redrawing, calculating new tool paths. One also has to make multiple prototypes,and proofing out 2 new pieces.

It adds up to more than a few thousand...figure 5 digits without breathing hard.

Costs always get passed on to the consumer. Its a whole lot better for my customers to approach it this way.

They get a premium hand worked piece that is extensively play tested. Each adjusted to the max.

Also there are still things that cannot be done by any CNC machine.
Theo literally uses the best machinists and CNC gear on the planet. These companies also run government aerospace and medical grade projects.
...its not some guy in a basement.

but still...hands and ears cannot be surpassed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts