Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have just launch the new “Double Ring” Jazz Soprano mouthpiece.
This is part of our new Production Line of Mouthpieces retailing for $159.99.

After studying the finest vintage soprano mouthpieces, we have come out with a design that incorporates the most critical acoustic elements. This model features a short roll over baffle with a lower concaved floor slope design. These elements combined with a medium / small round chamber and the undercut side walls, create a powerfull, round tone, balanced in overtones, with great versitility, from Jazz Quartet, to Funk and R&B.
Tip openings run similar to Selmer Soloist F – J:
5 = .055”
6 = .060”
7 = .065”
8 = .070

Each of our production line mouthpieces is handfaced.

Please visit us at: www.CeramicMouthpieces.com click on the Production Line button and follow to the “Double Ring” line for more info.

See Our Slide Show

Listen to Samples (Tenor Model ) (Soprano Demos coming soon!)

See Our Youtube Video

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Nice pieces, I would like to have one, a "Double Ring" Jazz Soprano 7 0.065" if the resistance is the same of a hr mouthpiece (I'm using a SS "I")
Unfortunately "This new line is available to US Residents only"...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello KennyZ,

Yes, you will have a similar resistance to your HR mpc. The internal dimentions are very simillar to your SS, so you will really feel the difference in the response coming from the material.
We will be taking that limitation off our site soon ("This new line is available to US Residents only"... ) We have been in the process of getting the new line out to our Dealers in Europe. You can now order these mouthpieces through our website if you are not a US resident. (There will be an added S&H fee of $9.50). Please contact me through our website if you have any other questions. Many Thanks! :)

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I've received the Double Ring last week...
So, what to say... it play simply amazing!
The mouthpiece is free blowing and very responsive throughout the entire range of the instrument (I use the curved neck for the record)
Easy high and low registers, fast articulations, dynamics and flexibility of tone. I've tried different ligatures and I've found the best setup with a Ligaphone (black version and Vandoren Blu reeds 2,5)
It acquire definitely a more "nasal" tone, boosting the frequencies around 1 khz just to let you know what I mean, just what I looking for on a Soprano tone (and not only me I think)

Drake Mouthpieces
you will have a similar resistance to your HR mpc. The internal dimentions are very simillar to your SS, so you will really feel the difference in the response coming from the material.
Although the SS is a good mouthpiece there is no story (IMO):
compared to the Double Ring it play stuffy especially on low register with a more "closed" tone...

Thanks Aaron :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am curious. Are these breakable? B
Thank you for your question.
The ceramic material is extremely durable, and will never corode, warp, or change in anyway. Hard Rubber or Resin / Plastic mpcs will warp if subjected to enough heat, and metals such as brass will pit, and plating will ware over time. If the mouthpiece is dropped on a hard enough surface the resulting damage would be comparable to dropping a Hard Rubber, Plastic, Resin, or Wooden mpc.

Please have a look at our Mouthpiece Warranty

Many thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts