Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is a new model that we have been developing for quite some time now. A special thanks to Gary Campbell, Jerry Bergonzi, David Liebman and Matt Vashlishan for there input on our most recent mouthpiece design elements.

There is a MP3 demo at the site - I tried to attach it here but no luck.

Here is the description and link... enjoy!

Introducing the "Son of Slant" Jazz Tenor

New from the Drake "Signature Series" mouthpiece collection.

This exciting new tenor model features the essential design elements of a vintage HR Otto Link Slant with specially calibrated modifications for the modern saxophonist. The rollover baffle and floor delivery points have been specifically designed for optimal air flow and to create a beautifully balance overtone series.
This mouthpieces features a slight undercutting of the side walls and a medium chamber.
This is THE mouthpiece for jazz saxophonists looking for the vintage feel with a modern delivery.
"Son of Slant" is made from our specially engineered Hybrid Vintage Resin Material, which incorporates a small amount of ceramic into the resin, this enhances the acoustic resonance while also contributing a beautiful vintage ascetic.
Each mouthpieces includes the Aaron Drake Signature ligature, which has been specifically designed for this model.

Each mouthpiece and ligature is handmade from start to finish at our production facility in Plainfield, NJ USA

Attachments

·
Forum Contributor 2017
8,070 Posts
Re: New "Son of Slant" Jazz Tenor Moputhpiece

Aaron will these be available for soprano? Brian

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,880 Posts

Great tone, I loved listening to it.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,880 Posts

I've owned one of your pieces before. Although I liked the tone a lot, it was very slippery because of the material you use to build it so it was hard to keep the ligature on it. Is this problem overcome in this new material that you're using? I'm really curious to try one.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I've owned one of your pieces before. Although I liked the tone a lot, it was very slippery because of the material you use to build it so it was hard to keep the ligature on it. Is this problem overcome in this new material that you're using? I'm really curious to try one.
Thanks for your question.
Problem Solved :)
Yes, the ligature has a very secure fit with this material. And the new ligature works great on the ceramic as well, super secure and no slipage.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,862 Posts
Here is a new model that we have been developing for quite some time now. A special thanks to Gary Campbell, Jerry Bergonzi, David Liebman, and Matt Vashlishan for there input on our most recent mouthpiece design elements.

There is a MP3 demo at the site - I tried to attach it here but no luck.

Here is the description and link... enjoy!

Introducing the "Son of Slant" Jazz Tenor

New from the Drake "Signature Series" mouthpiece collection.

This exciting new tenor model features the essential design elements of a vintage HR Otto Link Slant with specially callibrated modifications for the modern saxophonist. The rollover baffle and floor delivery points have been specifically designed for optimal air flow and to create a beautifully balance overtone series.
This mouthpieces features a slight undercuting of the side walls and a medium chamber.
This is THE mouthpiece for jazz saxophonists looking for the vintage feel with a modern delivery.
The "Son of Slant" is made from our specially engineered Hybrid Vintage Resin Material, which incorporates a small amount of ceramic into the resin, this enhanses the acoustic resonance while also contributing a beautiful vintage ascetic.
Each mouthpieces includes the Aaron Drake Signature ligature, which has been specifically designed for this model.

Each mouthpiece and ligature is handmade from start to finish at our production facility in Plainfield, NJ USA
Absolutely beautiful mouthpiece!

R.

ps. From an English teacher: please keep on editing for spelling and grammar! If you need an editor, I work for mouthpieces :).

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,045 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,862 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,316 Posts
David,

Congratulations on your new mouthpiece. I notice they come with a ligature. Will other ligatures that fit a rubber link also fit the Son of Slant?

-- Thanks.

LL

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Man, you guys at Drake Mouthpieces are just raking out new models: Son of Slant, Studio, Vintage Hybrid Jazz & Contemporary, and the new ligature. Good for you! Sound clip sounds great by the way.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
David,

Congratulations on your new mouthpiece. I notice they come with a ligature. Will other ligatures that fit a rubber link also fit the Son of Slant?

-- Thanks.

LL
Man, you guys at Drake Mouthpieces are just raking out new models: Son of Slant, Studio, Vintage Hybrid Jazz & Contemporary, and the new ligature. Good for you! Sound clip sounds great by the way.
Yes, this model is compatible with standard HR tenor ligs.

We are getting ready for summer NAMM, hence the new models.

Many thanks for your compliments.

Best,
Aaron

·
Registered
818 Posts
Aaron Drake is a bad mutha "watch your mouth". That man can play and these mpcs sound really good! It's my 10th wedding anniversary today..... I'll have to surprise my wife w/ a new Drake mpc!!!!

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
13,045 Posts
Aaron Drake is a bad mutha "watch your mouth". That man can play and these mpcs sound really good! It's my 10th wedding anniversary today..... I'll have to surprise my wife w/ a new Drake mpc!!!!
Somehow I don't think that will go well. On one of my anniversaries a package came in the mail and my wife was thinking it was a surprise gift for her from her loving husband. She wasn't too happy to find out it was a Florida Link.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts