Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up folks,

My band, Snarky Puppy, released our new CD this month. It's called "the World is Getting Smaller" and features a bunch of tunes by bassist Mike League, guitarist Chris McQueen, and myself. You can buy this one as well as our first album, "the Only Constant," here, or you can download both albums off of itunes... just search for Snarky Puppy. (I'm pretty sure we're the only one.)

We're also playing with fantabulous Texas funk juggernaut Mingo Fishtrap on June 1 at the Granada Theater in Dallas, on Greenville Ave. If you like what you hear, check out the show, it'll be off-the-chain fun.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Well, it may not still be 'new' exactly, but I took delivery of 'The World Is Getting Smaller' this week.

Love the album. The compositions are great - really fresh and engaging - and the musicianship is a joy to listen to. Brian, your alto & soprano solos are the business! It's sophisticated stuff but without pretensions. Great production, too.

I wonder what the chances are of seeing the band live in UK/Europe at some point in the future?

·
Registered
522 Posts
I got this and The Only Constant a couple weeks ago off iTunes and I love it. Great stuff, the group is great.

Me and a couple friends will be making the road trip down to Toronto to catch your show in April, hope to see you there.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot, guys! I'm thrilled that people are checking our stuff out overseas, as well as the Great White North. We're really looking forward to playing the Rex in Toronto, I've heard it's a great club.

As far as going to England goes... as a matter of fact, the pianist on our first album, "The Only Constant," is Bill Laurance, who lives in Leeds. He's a phenomenal keyboard player, writer, and producer, and tours and records with some big names in the UK and internationally. He'll be with us for at least part of our upcoming tour in March and April, which I'll post more about soon.

We'll be recording a new album when we come home from the tour in April. Stay tuned! And check out the new videos on our Myspace page, if you have some time on your hands.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts