Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,528 Posts
Yep...

That background music really sets the mood. Very cool site.

·
Distinguished Member and Forum Contributor 2008
6,395 Posts
Al,

You and me must have the same computer. I could swear I was in a sealed box with some guy blowing soprano in my ear......

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/ Forum Contributor 2011
2,578 Posts
I wish they would do a more detailed job with their photography. The fabrication section was particularly disappointing with those near-thumbnail photos. They should hire saxforte to do their instrument pics.

Overall, pretty slick, though.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,294 Posts
awholley said:
I wish they would do a more detailed job with their photography. The fabrication section was particularly disappointing with those near-thumbnail photos. They should hire saxforte to do their instrument pics.
If you click on the thumbnail you get a larger picture with a + 'button' in the bottom right hand corner. I you click on that, you get a very large, good quality picture.

Great site.

·
Premium Member
3,302 Posts
awholley said:

Overall, pretty slick, though.
You just need to click the + in a circle, and the photo is enlarged. The historical photos are particularly interesting, esp. the Seuss-like multiple-bell brass horns.
JR

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
830 Posts
You can actually change the background music, too. I am enjoying the Canzonetta and Tounahoc pieces.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2010
3,333 Posts
I opened it with my volume too high, and now every dog within 5 miles is rushing to my door!

·
SOTW Columnist and Forum Contributor 2015-2016
3,871 Posts
Class Action Law Suit against Selmer, Paris:

A class action suit opened against Selmer, Paris Saxophones on Friday, June 22nd. Several dog lovers were horrified to find their animal friends turned into large puppy puddles...as a result of some soprano altissimo playing on Selmer's new website. Owners are out-raged and say they will pursue prosecution to the full extent of the law.

Selmer responded by changing the recording on the website.

Now a sopranino is being played.

Saxaholic

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Why can't you read french? It's very strange! French is to be known!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Site is actually in English for me. I don't know why.

·
Distinguished Member and Forum Contributor 2008
6,395 Posts
America?! I thought it was the United States of Mexico, no?

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist / Forum Contributor 2
4,202 Posts
I couldn't find a way to get the site in English. I did take one year of French in high school so I have a vague idea that the site seems to be about musical instruments :D

French sounds so much better than Spanish as you read it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts