Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New Saxworks D8 Test

I put a clip together of myself playing my new Saxworks MP by Saxworks and CE winds. For channeling David this is the best mouthpiece I have ever played. It’s rich in harmonics and the notes just seem to want to split by themselves. I’m not a pro player so a few flaws are present but none have anything to do with the mouthpiece. I think Saxworks and CE winds nailed it with this one! https://youtu.be/N62RLJDg7Uk

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
5,505 Posts
I recorded This Masquerade on my I tunes site and I definately was thinking of Dave Version. I used an Earnie Northway that I customized but I like the edge you can get with the Saxworks K

·
5,505 Posts
I bought a Saxworks D8 and tried it briefly. It has potential but I'd lose half the tone I get with my Northway. but a good copy of the Dukoff. and I like the guy who runs saxworks. I used his ligs on my tenor and alto. K

·
Formerly 1958SelmerMarkVI
1,503 Posts
I recorded This Masquerade on my I tunes site and I definately was thinking of Dave Version. I used an Earnie Northway that I customized but I like the edge you can get with the Saxworks K
Just out of curiosity, how did you customize your Northway? Or did you mean that it is a custom made Northway? Not too many Northway players out there...I love mine on alto!

·
5,505 Posts
I loved how loud and presence the tone was but there was a bright overtone that bugged me so I took a file and did a groove on the back of the baffle to lower the middle a bit. Like a bullet chamber. Luckily i didn't' screw up the piece because nothing plays like it. And I bought another that wasn't like this at all so I feel very lucky for the 110 bucks the piece cost. I've trialed lots of pieces and nothing better so far. alot of my work on my CD cuts were using a Van Jumbo java A45 so you see where my heads at. K

1 - 8 of 8 Posts