Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read on Steve Goodsen's "Nations of Music" forum" about his new line of mouthpieces. A couple of his regular posters have raved about them but I'm wondering if anybody else has tried them. Prices seem to range between $150 and $400 depending on baffle and chamber design. Anybody got any personal experience with them?

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts

:twisted:

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
1,370 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
25,982 Posts
DanF said:
A couple of his regular posters have raved about them...
I seriously doubt you'd be able to do anything but rave about them on a site wholly controlled and edited by the maker. Folks on here will get them eventually, then you'll get more balance. Even though they don't seem that expensive (on the low end at least), I'd only buy one new if there was a no questions asked return policy.

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
Carl H. said:
GARY !!! Stop posting those pics of my wife!!
I will never look at your wife -or her box- again. :angel4:

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
GARY !!! Stop posting those pics of my girlfriend! :x

Oops! Hope Carl H doesn't read this or she's in deep doodoo! :shock:

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,147 Posts
At least it doesn't have The Hoff's face on it...

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Grumps said:
Am I the only one that finds it ironic that Gary was foreshadowing with his initial post here...
When it comes to posts about Voldemort I guess any thing's possible. :?

·
13,030 Posts
tbone said:
GARY !!! Stop posting those pics of my girlfriend! :x

Oops! Hope Carl H doesn't read this or she's in deep doodoo! :shock:
Ignore that van across the street. It's just the carpet cleaner!:twisted:

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,889 Posts
Oh boy.

I've made this joke before, but it bears repeating: Does the mouthpiece have a phoenix feather in it?

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist/Official SOTW Guru
3,764 Posts
I had a vastly different picture of Pandora opening her box, but I didn'tdare post it here. :)

I think what Gary was foreshadowing, was areturn to the bad old days. Voldemort would put out (or threaten to put out) a new product. His accolytes would sing its praises. Nobody else ever saw or played the product and any rational discussion of mythical product turned into a ***** Storm.
Voldemort has a touch of "The Donald" in him. Just check the hair! I'm sure he's noticed that overhyped saxophones are hard to flog. Whereas overhyped mouthpieces sell themselves. Funny, I never knew Voldemort was a mouthpiece designer?
Older forum tragics will remember such glorious campaigns as the "Unison War," (aka the Clone War). Also the "L.A Debacle." famous for giving birth to the legend of "the unknown saxophone." The "Battle of Taiwan," which we think took place in Taiwan but Voldemort will neither confirm nor deny.

So....put on your Drizabones fellas. The fit is gonna hit the shan and it'll be HUGE fun. :D

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Gee DP, his hair more reminds me of Don King than The Donald! :D

As I'm getting older and grayer I figure I should get a portrait of Don King tattooed in one armpit and one of Voldemort in the other! :cool:

·
13,030 Posts
Dog Pants said:
So....put on your Drizabones fellas. The fit is gonna hit the shan and it'll be HUGE fun. :D
Watch out!

Don't let this happen to you!!
Proceed at your own risk!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
2,892 Posts
Carbs said:
I think Gary likes your wife....
Better watch out.
I like her box............

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
25,982 Posts
Dog Pants said:
I think what Gary was foreshadowing, was areturn to the bad old days.
Actually, I was alluding to Foreshadowing being the evil that didn't escape the box, as Pandora was able to shut it in time; thus preserving hope.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts