Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this an absurdist comedy? 'Here is what i need. i need to learn those miles davis kind of blue tunes on a tenor sax. ill pay you bro for the sax. I just need to hurry and learn these tunes so I can impress the females.' Oh well... I guess I will help the guy... Hey, he only wants to play tenor like Trane to impress some females.... lesser goals are many...

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
Put your foot down. Start with Frere Jacques as a point of principle.:bluewink:

I am slightly concerned by "I'll pay you bro for the sax". Are you lending him a sax?

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,917 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Put your foot down. Start with Frere Jacques as a point of principle.:bluewink:

Anything with a French title is far too sophisticated.
"Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" might be better. That will certainly impress the ladies.:bluewink:

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
"Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" might be better. That will certainly impress the ladies.:bluewink:

Now, now people......let's not go confusing new students with realistic goals. You'll spoil all the fun! :clown: :popcorn:

:glasses7:

·
Registered
386 Posts
Maybe he was referring to Cannonball! I love Trane but Cannonball is killin on that album. Perfect contrast to Trane's playing

Indeed.....big man was playing some of his best stuff ever on that session....incredible collaboration.

:glasses7:

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
11,501 Posts
Do you really think those tight leather pants get more ladies than those baggy NBA basketball shorts?

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
The student the OP is talking about sounds like me with 'Baker Street'

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Who could deny a serious looking student like this? After all, he just wants to impress women by playing like Trane!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,580 Posts
I want to know which females these days would be impressed by jazz... seriously. This isn't 1954 anymore.

·
28,917 Posts
I want to know which females these days would be impressed by jazz... seriously.
I think you'd be surprised. I know of many ladies who are into jazz.

·
28,917 Posts
Oh I know... it's just funny that he needs to learn THOSE specific tunes in order to drive the ladies wild.
Good point. As I said, I think he'd have more success with Songbird.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts