Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey SOTW! The newest video from my band, Progger, just went live. Check it out if you need some new funk-jazz-soul-hip-hop-drum-and-bass in your life.

It's got both old-school Texas crew and newer NYC crew on board for the first time, and I'm really happy with how all the sounds came out! And it's also got Justin Stanton (keys) and Nate Werth (percussion), two old friends of mine from the Snarky Puppy (and before that, in school at North Texas). It was recorded at the Bunker Studio in Brooklyn NY. Hope you like it!

Also, we're playing at the Black Bear Bar in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY tonight. In case you're around and looking for some fusiony trouble to get into on a Thursday night. We're launching a tour pretty soon too so check out the website for dates.

Much love for all the support, this community has been great to us for years now. Cheers!

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,647 Posts
Very nice. Some of the progressions and lines remind me of "Seawind". Thanks for posting. Brian.

·
Forum Contributor 2016-17
1,217 Posts
I dont listen to prog much anymore, but that's a damn eclectic sound you've got going there. I hear things that remind me of early Genesis, Focus, maybe Jan Hammer, ... and it's unmistakably not any of them. Kick-*** drumwork. I like it!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,705 Posts
More, please!

I always enjoy hearing your band's work, Brian. Solid compositions, great ensemble, fluid soloists - you're onto something wonderful with this group. Keep it up!

Thank you for sharing this.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,215 Posts
I'd rather hear more sax, Brian.
I tune out on the synth stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts