Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hew SOTW crew! The new album by my zany funk-jazz-rock-fusion band, Progger, is available today, and you can nab it from Bandcamp or iTunes. And if you preordered one, you hopefully got some sort of notification letting you know that it's on your way physically and by download.

I'm really proud of how this one turned out. I know a few of you have been checking out and sharing the pre-release videos from our studio session, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it! In case you didn't see the last couple but might be interested in seeing and hearing them, here are some links:

Adryllanin

Dystopia

The new album, like the second of those videos, is called "Dystopia," and it was recorded in two days in Brooklyn NY at the fabulous-but-indie Atlantic Sound Studios in Gowanus. The whole original Texas Progger squad flew up from Austin to join the second-gen New York squad and we all recorded together in various mixed-up combinations. It was a blast. Tons of exciting musical information and personality flying around, and fortunately we had a couple Grammy-winning engineers, Diko Shoturma and Nic Hard, to capture the sound, with a great videographer named Jon Schwolsky to get the footage for the videos.

Hope y'all dig it!

·
Registered
744 Posts
The Progger crew was in Austin Thursday night. They performed the cd in it's entirety. Great writing. Great playing. Lots of energy onstage. And you could tell these guys were having a blast! Got the new cd. You should too. I think Brian said they were going back out next month so check to see if Progger is performing near you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts