Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This just started about 20 minutes ago. When I select "New Posts" under the "What's New" drop-down menu using Safari 11.1.2, it just reloads the very same page of old posts that I previously polled. The "Activity Stream" option still shows the new posts I'm not seeing through the "New Posts" search.

·
Administrator
17,301 Posts
The forum seems to have (again) issues with the building up of indexes towards threads.

I've informed VSadmin technical forum staff and hope they can resolve the reported issues soon.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mrpb. It worked this time, so I'd say that it's a recent intermittent issue. Some new threads are displaying, but sometimes not all new threads.

*Edit: It may only be threads my own most recent posts that aren't showing! Not sure....

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The problem persists on my laptop, though not on Safari for iOS.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Also, I don't know if this has anything to do with this but if I play the name game after my name entry I would go to new posts and the thread would normally recycle to the top of the page and the name game would reload in new posts and it would appear at the top of the page
this is no longer happening to follow the name game I need to go to member lounge, it no longer appears in new posts after my most recent submission,

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That didn't work: now all forums are marked as read, predictably, and a "New Posts" search turns up nothing at all.

The problem seems to be that a New Posts search isn't finding my own new posts. Are others finding this as well?

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
+ 1 still not working correctly for me either,
That didn't work: now all forums are marked as read, predictably, and a "New Posts" search turns up nothing at all.

The problem seems to be that a New Posts search isn't finding my own new posts. Are others finding this as well?

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,889 Posts
weird this is again something that I am not experiencing

In the list of threads that I get by clicking here https://www.saxontheweb.net and then on “ last active threads "

the ones with the bold blue types are unread, the ones in thinner types are read, the ones with the thin types but with a green arrow pointing left are the ones where I have contributed a post.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Suddenly, I'm not seeing any new posts when I select New Posts. It only returns, "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

·
38,889 Posts
again, I do this from the page where I always access the forum

https://www.saxontheweb.net

on the left you have a column last active threads. It works as always.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Not working for me either. I did try what Milandro suggested and that works, just not the "New posts" subsection.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
7,906 Posts
I’m getting it too.
Or at least something similar.
Clicking on new posts returns nothing.
I need to refresh my browser (in this case Firefox) open SOTW then click new posts.
Even then, I’m not convinced it is revealing all new posts.
Perhaps I’ll try Safari, but really changing browsers regularly in order to access a site fraught with these types of issues is getting tiresome.

·
7,906 Posts
Well now I’m convinced it is not showing the most current posts.
I just refreshed and this thread was nowhere to be found.
I could only access it via my own settings (my recent posts).
Quite an issue I would have thought.

·
Registered
707 Posts
B Flat, what happened to your post is a separate, older issue: since some time, a thread becomes invisible in New Posts to the last poster. That is something of a bummer, because after posting, one could be tempted to click "New Posts" to validate that it appears correctly.

Today's new issue is that clicking New Posts returns nothing, unless, you click New Posts starting in the forum home.

·
7,906 Posts
Clicking new posts returns nothing as you have stated unless in the forum home page.
Both on Firefox and safari too.
I understand that the other issue is perhaps an older issue, but there seems to be a lot of issues and very few resolutions thus far.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I noticed certain threads not showing up in the new posts a few days ago. Now when I click on new posts there is nothing whatsoever. No surprise I guess. When is the last time things worked right around here?

·
38,889 Posts
what I suggests shows the newest post that have been activated and are currently up for using.

The items showed in bold type are new but you havent read it, the one in thin type are the ones you have contributed to. Posts where you have previously contributed show a green arrow pointing left.

I have never ever used anything else, for years.

·
3,952 Posts
I’ve given up !! Everything has become so inconsistent. Finding a interesting new thread three days later is no fun if you like participating. I’m spending more time digging than reading or participating. At least the Amazon BS was fixed. Site is now 3-1/2 months into revisions/ repairs ( ?upgrades??)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts