Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this youtube vid popped up in my recommended feed, and at least soundwise it seems great.

Haven't seen anything on here about it, anybody have any experiences?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
4,220 Posts
It is the 66R model body tube but without the 66R rolled tone holes.

PM made the 66R with high F#, but have now removed it.

If memory serves me right, the 66R was initially marketed as having a more vintage sound with less resistance but now PM has put some resistance back

Major , major advances not to mention a silver plated neck screw and body-bow guard.

Interesting to see what the mark up for these major advances in saxophone manufacturing will be.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it's more than a 66R without high F# and regular tone holes--according to the video the neck and the bow geometry is different somehow?

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
His description of the horn sounds a lot like my Tenor Madness Custom - lower key action, more centered sound. I wonder if someone at SaxCo UK got a hold of a TM Custom and asked the folks at P Mauriat if they could reverse engineer something like it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
I tried this sax at sax.co.uk 2 days ago. Very impressive but i need to say the 66rut which was standing next to it sounded way better. My opinion ofc

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
I tried this sax at sax.co.uk 2 days ago. Very impressive but i need to say the 66rut which was standing next to it sounded way better. My opinion ofc
Interesting , still would like a go on this model. Big price jump though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts