Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
12,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After numerous super secret experiments in the Phil-Tone Research Facility (Ok, there really isn't such a place but I like saying it) a new tenor model is forthcoming. It will not be released in numbers for a few more months but I am so excited I have to write something.

The piece is geared towards straight ahead Jazz. The tone is somewhere in between an old Dukoff and my Florida Link STM. It has a much rounder chamber than a Link as it comes off the sidewalls (not quite as round as a BD shorty) and is supported by a healthy amount of baffle.

Im proud to say this piece really sings. I think you will really like it. You will really like the price as I estimate it to only be a little more than my current offerings. My current estimate at market price will be well under $250... Hand faced and play tested as always.

Thanks
Phil

·
Registered
315 Posts
Is that similar to the Utility Research MuffinKitchen? Your peice I got from you is astounding and now that I have had it a while, I want to quit my job and just play all day! Your pieces, from my experience are excellent, sir. Good to hear you have more models for players to choose from.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
12,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks so much.

Most of my customers as well as others on the forum know I am really anti hype when it comes to sales. Marketing is far from my strong point. I was originally really quiet about the introduction of my original line of pieces...one member stated I was "Almost apologetic". At this point I hope I dont sound like I am blowing my own horn (so to speak). I'm just really excited and a bit giddy about this getting this piece going. I wish I could start making them in numbers today.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Hi Phil
this sounds very interesting - tell us more....
Will this be a metal piece? Is it made from bar, or using a blank?
thanks

·
Registered
197 Posts
hyping secrecy can be an effective marketing tool :)

i'm super happy with your alto mouthpiece. i haven't put much energy on tenor (really focused on alto for now) but in the future i'll be in the market for a step up tenor piece and i'll contact you in a heartbeat.

you're good; maybe someone else, like a rep, or a sales intern, can sing the gospel truth for you?

·
SOTW Columnist and Forum Contributor 2015-2016
3,832 Posts
I've now played the prototype...this is a VERY, very cool mouthpiece...it feels totally different than anything else I've played...more to come in an official review later....

- Saxaholic

1 - 10 of 10 Posts