Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey SOTW crew! Many of you have been insanely supportive of my jazz/funk group, Progger, over the last few years, and I can't tell ya how much I appreciate it. We just put up a new video today, and preorders for our fourth album are live, as well! The video is for a tune called "Housewives" that I wrote a while ago and that features the fantastic Daniel Muniz shredding on guitar.

The next one will have a saxophone solo, promise!! :) But in case you want to preorder the record, here's a handy link. It'll be available on March 9.

https://proggermusic.bandcamp.com

Thanks again for all the love and support you give new instrumental music! Hope to see you on the road somewhere. Cheers.

·
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And here's another one! This one actually has a saxophone solo in it. With some pedals, of course, but hopefully you won't think they're too gratuitous. Already had a couple FB and YouTube comments from some known SOTW folks and I appreciate it so very much, yawl!

This one, "Oba-Bow," was written by Matt Muehling, one of the founding Progger guitarists and a wonderful human being overall. He writes great tunes. There are two of his on the new album, and they're both beautimous. Hope you dig it!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
alto: 82Zii/Medusa/Supreme, tenor: Medusa, bari: b-901, sop, sc-990
7,617 Posts
Great playing Brian. In fact, the whole band are really good musicians.

·
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Soybean! We have a really great time together. We'll be doing a bit of touring this year, are you in LA? We actually have a couple guys out there now, Daniel Watson (drums) and Bryan Ladd (bass, in the first video above). We gotta do a show there soon!

·
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome, thank you! Our next NYC hit is at Rockwood Music Hall stage 2 on 3/28, that'll be an album release show with help from my good friend Maz (trumpet player of Snarky Puppy) who will be doing a set of his music right before us. We always post tour dates here, btw:

http://www.proggermusic.com/tour

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
alto: 82Zii/Medusa/Supreme, tenor: Medusa, bari: b-901, sop, sc-990
7,617 Posts
Thanks, Soybean! We have a really great time together. We'll be doing a bit of touring this year, are you in LA? …
Yep, I'm in La la land! Let me know if you are planning to travel here.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
I absolutely recommend checking Brian's band out live if you get a chance...they're great! In addition to being terrific musicians, they're playing some really interesting and fun music. Good times.

I think they have something like four records now on Bandcamp...There's also more content on the Progger YouTube channel, if you haven't checked it out yet. Meltdown, Scattering, Transit, Populace and I Want More are some good ones to check out.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
35,006 Posts
Thanks for sharing this, Brian. Great compositions - excellent arrangements - solid playing. Your band has it going on!

I absolutely recommend checking Brian's band out live if you get a chance...they're great! In addition to being terrific musicians, they're playing some really interesting and fun music. Good times.
Amen. I experienced Progger when they came through my town, and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Talent on every instrument - I dug the engagement and energy.

Support live music!

·
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hah, thanks FawltyTenor, I was just coming here to post this! :) And thank you all for the humblingly kind words and support. The music scene is tough but it's so very worth it when we can share music we love to make with like-minded souls who enjoy listening to it. We'll have another video next week and then (gasp) the actual album will be out!

And we do indeed have lots of records on Bandcamp, including the new one once it drops. Ropeadope Records have been extremely cool about letting us keep our independently-released albums on the same Bandcamp site, they're really wonderful people and genuinely care about the music and artists they support. I highly recommend checking out the rest of their catalog if you like our kind of thing. But here's that Bandcamp page:

http://proggermusic.bandcamp.com

Much love!

·
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK all, this is the fourth and last video we'll release before the album comes out! Here's "Adryllanin" (which, yes, is an intentional misspelling/mispronunciation of "adrenaline"), and this tune involves me trading rounds with the wonderful guitarist Aki Ishiguro, who has his own incredible jazz albums you should check out. :) Hope you dig it!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.