Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Discombobulated SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 201
9,821 Posts
Looks like a beautiful horn but those pics are a woefully inadequate representation of it. I can't even tell what the finish is. If you are really interested in getting a good price for your horn, I suggest shelling out to add some much larger, more detailed photos on eBay. Or if not at least post some better pictures here, it's free if you've got somewhere to host them, just use the image tool button in your post and insert a URL for each image.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2010
3,333 Posts
Yeah, I saw that listing and thought both the pictures and the description could be better. I was hoping no one else would notice it and I could pick up a backup for my Allora (Bad GAS!)

If it is marked as a 2001 then surely its not that old, and almost certainly not from the 80s? Having said that I don know when they introduced the 2001 and it is a low serial number. I am surprised that B&S / JAMusic dont have a record of all the serial numbers.

The fact that its not in the factory case also made me ask questions about this "new old stock" business. Its a nice case, but if its new old stock would it not still be in its BAM type case?

Better pictures are a must though to get this close to its true value. Whats with all the tissue paper stuffed in next to the bell? The second question there on the listing is asking if it has the mechanism pictured in this thread...
http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?t=66319

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I saw that listing and thought both the pictures and the description could be better. I was hoping no one else would notice it and I could pick up a backup for my Allora (Bad GAS!)

Thanks for the comments anyone. I do have additional pics, now, and if anyone is interested please email me at audioaziza (at) yahoo.com and I will be happy to send them along. Note I'm no photographer, but I tried to get it from a few angles.

If it is marked as a 2001 then surely its not that old, and almost certainly not from the 80s? Having said that I don know when they introduced the 2001 and it is a low serial number. I am surprised that B&S / JAMusic dont have a record of all the serial numbers.

Yeah, I had a long drawn out conversation with a couple guys a few months ago about that that resulted in a dialogue with the factory. Consensus was as I stated - late '80s to '90 (I read that as "1989-1990"). The facotry confirmed the records were all destroyed when the company was bought.

The fact that its not in the factory case also made me ask questions about this "new old stock" business. Its a nice case, but if its new old stock would it not still be in its BAM type case?

Good catch. The local store I bought it from was going out of business and they couldn't find the original case when I bought it (the place was a disaster and this was hanging high on the wall). I got it for a steal at the time, but they substituted this case that was available for lack of ability to find the original.

Better pictures are a must though to get this close to its true value. Whats with all the tissue paper stuffed in next to the bell?

It's evident to me that that tissue paper was IN the bell when I bought it, but because of the case situation the bell currently houses the neck in its own sack. We must have pulled the tissue paper out and just set it aside at the time. That was a good 15 years ago or so.

The second question there on the listing is asking if it has the mechanism pictured in this thread...
http://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?t=66319[/QUOTE]

Sorry, no dice on the G# toggle key. :(

Let me know if there are any other questions, and I'm happy to send pics as requested.

Audioaziza

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chitownjazz said:
Looks like a beautiful horn but those pics are a woefully inadequate representation of it. I can't even tell what the finish is. If you are really interested in getting a good price for your horn, I suggest shelling out to add some much larger, more detailed photos on eBay. Or if not at least post some better pictures here, it's free if you've got somewhere to host them, just use the image tool button in your post and insert a URL for each image.
Thanks for the tip. I don't think I can add pics to the ebay page since there's already a bid (the page locks). But people can email me and I'll send them pics - audioaziza (at) yahoo.com

Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts